Monday, November 1, 2010

High School Fond Memories and barkadahan after graduation

Encar Antonio Lane:- reminisces high school Life...


Let me start with how I always first in line in name and in height coz I believe I'm the shortest. Well despite that I was the smallest I never felt outcasted nor intimidated with my height yet it aspired me to gain the confidence of I have to offer. I take pride of how I am or how the person is than the appearance of a person. And whenever somebody gave me a hard time about my height it didn't bother me instead I told them measure your brain b4 u measure my height.


My favorite subject was Speech and drama with Mr. Robert Alada, ...






I love the Mime part of the class and our finals was the drama part. That motivated me to pursue Mass Communication in Far Eastern University and graduated in 1985 along with AiAi De Las Alas.But as we all know it was so hard to get a job in the media as always it's not what you know it's whom you know. Trust me it's everywhere. So I became a teacher instead and taught Speech and Drama at Las Pinas College in 1986. At the same time Mr. Alada was teaching English in college. I knew he was proud that his class motivated me to be a teacher like him.


Did u guys remember the drama class where he asked us to create our own script and we directed our own play based on our script and all talent came out. It was a great experience as we were able to use that exposure prepared us to college. Don't u guys agree? Most of my students loved my class and I was able to incorporate what I have learned in Mr. Alada's class. I was amazed the talent and the creativity my students have shared. And even then most student looked up to me and thanked me for the experience I have given them as I also had them make their own script and the drama part of it. I even butted heads with the Principal as I refused to give my students written finals. I justified it and I stood firm with my belief. It's a great feeling that I still have some of my students here even my kids can't believe they were my students. I guess that is one of the advantages of being short you always look young.


In addition, Senior year was one of my memorable year in high school coz we formed a group and we even skipped the Prom completely and went to William Reyes' house and we had a party there and had a blast. Even after graduation we all stuck around and went everywhere.


Di ba sa labas sa may daanan sa labasan papuntang abangan ng sasakyan meron dun sa malamig, fish ball at sa karsada yung bilihan ng cornik at agawan pa sa sassakyan. Sa abangan ng sasakyan andyan na yung suyuan at yung mag boyfriend and girlfriend. C Robert Cristobal tawag ay Bangkay may gus2 sa kakambal kong c Adjie. Laking gs2 niya kay Adjie kahit nung college na sinusundan niya pa rin. C Adjie talgang lady like yan lagi, mahinhin tingnan at talagang ligawin. Ako naman late bloomer, I didn't care about it coz all I care about is barkadahan. Kaya nga I stuck with my ideals I will marry my first boyfriend now my husband. Best decision I've made and well worth the wait coz he's the greatest husband and father 100% family man. I'm so blessed having him and my 2 kids. kayamanan ko na sila.


He's the only one who can spoil me and treat me like a queen. When I got here, gs2 ng mga American yung maliit kahit papaano marami rin akong suitors and I was having a time of my life kc I have lots of friends. Especially while I was going to my Paralegal Certificate, maraming umaligid sa kin pero they know my boundaries just friendship and they respected that. They were so persistent kc even I was with Bill some them was even asking me if he's still with me. Ooppppps I deviated from the subject.


Siga pa nga ako nun lagi akong nangbabara. I have a very strong personality not unlike Adjie mahiyain, hindi makapag-isa, takot. Ayaw pa nga niyang mag college before. The good thing lumakas din yung loob niya. At sa abangan, lagi kaming nagtatanong , mama sa Kabila ba?? KC dun kami sa makababa ng tulay ng Zapote. Di ba maraming pauntang Pamplona so bumababa kami sa may bilihan ng manok dun sa ma Mercury ba yun sa Zapote, lalakarin lang namin yun hanggang sa makababa ng tulay.


Di ba pasiklaban nuon ang mga jeepney palakasan ng stereo at nami ili pa ng magandang jeepning sasakyan. Ayaw pang sumakay pag bulok yung jeepney. And even when I migrated here in the US I made it a point to keep in touch with our high school friends. Natawagan ko pa nga nun si Mr. Alada, sina Robert Cristobal. Sina Josephine Cinco, Ederlinda Dario, Julie Salazar, Belma Bersola. Madugo yung phone bill ko even $500 waitress kc ako nun sa Sizzler so laging may cash. Kaya when I decided to renew my vows tawag na ko sa lahat ng mahagilap ko. Even C Angela Pascual tinawagan ko. lahat kinukuha ko yung number at tinatawagan ko. Even I found Luz Tabuloc then.
At saka di ba pag piyestahan puntahan na kainan. Natatandaan ninyo pa rin ba ang simbang gabi?


Even after graduation, nagpatuloy pa rin ang barkadahan even we organized swimming and overnights. Ang haybol e dun sa amin. Mga kasama namin nun sina Angelina Legaspi, Melanie Villamala, Ederlina Dario, Erlinda de Paz, Julie Salazar, Cecil de Leon, Myrna Ilang-Ilang, Nenita Saluna, Belma Bersola, Eucnice, Donna Macunat, Edna Javier. Sa mga boys naman. Sina of course C Robert Cristobal, Norberto Garcia, Fernando Sustutuido, William Reyes, Ernesto de Vera, Eliseo Quilatan, Juan Santos, Fernando Cruz, Rodolfo Bides, Calixto Bumagat, Clifford???


Kaya nung malaman ko na may Grand Reunion pinilit ko c Adjie na pumunta sa reunion, nagpadala pa nga ako ng pistachio and some snack. It was too late kc nakaset na yung vacation ng mister ko ayaw niya naman akong payagan na mauna. Inggit nga ko kay Adjie kc OK lang sa husband niya na mauna cya. And I was too anxious to get a feedback from her and I ask her to invite some friends to our renewal of vows. Kaso may jet log pa ata siya so she didn't stay longer. Wla siyang masyadong kwento.
Maraming slamat sa mga nagpaunlak na dumalo sa renewal of vows namin. I really intended na sa latter part na para maraming kwentuhan at maibigay namin ang aming undivided attention sa tropa namin. And masaya naman ang kwentuhan marami rin naman yung nagpakita. Nandun din c Mrs. Santos yung Guidance Counselor natin.


Kaya Maraming maraming salamat to those who took time to put this up.As I've said in my post, nung malaman ko last July 4th weekend while I ws in Las Vegas the only access that I had was the Iphone masyadong maliit. So when we went home Monday, I ws trying to get a hold of Adjie and ws able to shortly talk to her Tuesday kc panggabi cya. So I've been involved and getting crazy keeping up. I was motivated to update my FB account which I stopped for quitesometime. I've been adding high school friends left and right kahit I'm not sure if they remember me. My husband had to separate my FB email notification coz our email is flooded with response. Hope this will be a start the Batch '81 can create meaningful project. I will start a new discussion about this.




LPMHS Batch 81 admin replied:-


Wala akong masabi Encar. Pwede kang gumawa ng mga short stories.Ang galing. Hindi ako nabagot basahin ang kwento mo dito.Wala akong nilampasang sentence pero di naman word for word ang basa ko :).


Tama ka. Maraming masasayang kwento mayron tayo nong HS. Share ko lang yung JS Prom natin. Noong Junior tayo ay Love Hurts ng Nazareth ang laging pinapatugtog then ng Seniors na tayo ay Love Me naman (di ko na tanda ang singer).Doon lumabas ang mga hidden beauties ng mga kababaihan natin.Hirap nga lang maghanap ng kasayaw kasi ay ang dami ng pamimilian.


Yun namang sinasabi mo Encar na Drama ay totoong magandang experience. Ang tanda ko ay may mga contest pa tayo either sa Library o Lion's Club ng mga acting ng mga estudyante.May mga portrayals pa ng mga differenct characters. Ang tanda ko ay sina Rowena De Leon, Marivic Manalo, Ariel Lopez at even si Emeng Silla ay sumali. I just can't remember who won but di na importante ito ngayon.


Oooppsss tuloy ko ulit mamaya at may biglaang gagawin. Regards sa lahat at God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment